Some questions about the Queen’s media habits…..
by Shawn Sobers — University of the West of England / Firstborn Creatives
March 27, 2010 – 15:14
From being the first (non-engineer) person to make a long distance phone call without an operator in 1958, I wondered how up to date Beth II keeps with new technologies.
1. Is she a PC or a Mac?
3. Has she got a Freeview box, or is she signed up with Sky?
4. Is she HD ready?
5. Does she have a giant flat screen big tv, or is her tv wooden, ornate and in-keeping with her plush Buck Palace surroundings? (Wonder what a Sony TXaV6-yawn look like in a stately home???). Or does she use a projector, as it “feels like the Olden Days”?
7. Has she upgraded to Blue-ray and/or HD DVD (or whatever these – yawn!! – new formats are)?
8. Does she have a mobile phone? If she has an Iphone, what apps (yawn!!!) does she use the most? Who is on her speed dial? (Surely it must be Barack!!!)
9. Has she got a digital camera?
10. Does she have a blog? What would she write about?
11. What picture does she have on her desktop?
12. Has she searched for her old school friends on Facebook?
If our Beth hasn’t keep up to date with ANY of these technologies, is it then fair to say that she is out-of-touch with her people? I suggest she logs-on quick, before the digital revolution turns into a republican one. *
* Obviously this comment about revolution is just me being mela-dramatic for artistic effect to conclude this article, but I do feel the comment about being out-of-touch is valid. Obviously these are only questions, and the Queen may be fully connected. Her online alias may be Bill Bartmann.
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:14:03 +0000