Wedding-based Reality Television [June 18-22, 2012]
Monday, June 18, 2012 - Gemma Philage (Barry University) presents: (Weddings * 4) + Audience = ∞ Surveillance
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - Alice Leppert (University of Minnesota) presents: The Marginalized Brides of Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - Sonia Arellano (University of Arizona) presents: Who is Really Saying “Yes”?
Thursday, June 21, 2012 - Rosalynn Rothstein (University of Oregon) presents: "that gargoyle or whatever it was": YouTube Comments Meet Television Content
Friday, June 22, 2012 - Bärbel Göbel Stolz (University of Kansas) presents: Cinderella Needs a little TLC - The Fairy Godmother of Poor Brides
Theme week organized by Katharine Zakos (Georgia State University).
- The Promises and Challenges of Fan-Based On-Line Archives for Global Television
- No such thing as a slam dunk: Sport as unpredictable, undeniable reality television
- Television and Reality: The Politics of Representation in Celebrity Big Brother, U.K.
- Blurred Boundaries: Approaches to Defining Documentaries and Reality Television
- Tell Me a Story and Make It True: Applied Narrative in Reality Television