Making Sense of Reception: HBO's Girls [January 14 - January 18, 2013]
Monday, January 14, 2013 - Emanuelle Wessels (Augsburg College) presents: Girls, Ancillary Media, and Audiences
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - Raechel Tiffe (University of Minnesota) presents: Voice of a Generation?: The Potential of Authenticity in HBO’s "Girls"
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - Jennifer Lynn Jones (Indiana University) presents: The Appropriate Response: Complexities of Girls’ Reception in Gawker Recaps
Thursday, January 17, 2013 - Patricia Nelson (University of Southern California) presents: Girls as Autobiography?: Critical Reception of Lena Dunham’s "Self-Representation"
Friday, January 18, 2013 - Camille DeBose (DePaul University) presents: Semantics, Semiotics, and Girls in the Blogosphere
Theme week organized by Nedda Ahmed and Jing Zhang (Georgia State University).
- HBO's Girls & the White Box [January 7 - January 11, 2013]
- Girls as Autobiography?: Critical Reception of Lena Dunham's "Self-Representation"
- The Price of Privilege: HBO's Girls and the Logic of Post-
- Making Sense of South Park, or Is a Snuke in a Sniz more than a Snuke in a Sniz?
- Scandalous Conspiracies: Making Sense of Popular Scandal Through Conspiracy