- Jason tweeted "@sepinwall Wire shot on film, but in 4:3 aspect ratio. Could upgrade to HD for higher resolution, but not widescreen" 8:45am#
- Jason tweeted "As always, @JPosnanski writes it up better than anyone - "The Lesson of Jim Joyce": http://bit.ly/a915wp" 8:32am#
- Jason tweeted "RT @televisionary: This is made of win. RT @DeadlineTV: Amy Ryan Joins HBO's 'In Treatment' http://bit.ly/9glfg6" 8:24am#
- Jason tweeted "@inessentials I think there are - when I show the pilot to my students, I get a lot of, "hey, that's the guy from 300!" comments." 7:35am#
- Jason tweeted "@jonathanagray I was thinking of #Fiske10 for the hashtag, but now I'm considering #Fiskeathon..." 11:28pm#
Associate Professor of Film & Media Culture and American Studies @ Middlebury College
PlanMore about me
Jason Mittell is Professor of Film & Media Culture and American Studies at Middlebury College. He is the author of Genre and Television: From Cop Shows to Cartoons in American Culture (Routledge, 2004), and Television and American Culture (Oxford University Press, 2009), and co-editor with Ethan Thompson of How to Watch Television (NYU Press, 2013). I am currently writing a book on narrative complexity in contemporary American television entitled Complex Television, which is being prepublished on MediaCommons.