- Jeremy posted Just returned from the SCS (Society for Cinema Stu... 4:06pm#
- Jeremy posted Work has begun on the frame-grab tutorial, which w... 12:39pm#
- Jeremy posted We actually put the Television blog online. Wil... 5:29pm#
- Jeremy posted Television was released (on time!) at the end of J... 7:25am#
- Jeremy posted We create a Web log (a "blog") to track the develo... 2:23pm#
University of Alabama
I wish I had a plan...More about me
I’ve taught television, film, and new media courses since 1977–at Northwestern University, the University of Alabama and the University of Arizona. To support my television courses, I wrote the textbook, Television: Critical Methods and Applications (TVCrit.com).
My latest book project, Television Style, was published by Routledge in December 2009 (see TVStyleBook.com ).
I’ve edited one anthology, Star Texts: Image and Performance in Film and Television, and published articles on ER, Roseanne, Miami Vice, Imitation of Life, soap opera, the sitcom, and other topics in journals such as Cinema Journal, Journal of Film and Video, and Screen.
For some time now I’ve been active in online educational resources for film/TV studies. I created Screen-L and ScreenSite, two of the earliest Internet resources for film/TV teachers/students; and I served as the Society for Cinema and Media Studies’ first information technology officer.
In addition to my duties as a film/TV educator, I also host a weekly radio program, All Things Acoustic, on Alabama Public Radio.
ContactUniversity of Alabama
Country: United States
Recently on the Web
Mar 4 2010 - 11:49
Dec 17 2009 - 17:04
Nov 19 2009 - 10:26
Oct 25 2009 - 06:55
Sep 18 2009 - 09:17
Sep 3 2009 - 07:01